We are delighted that you have chosen the Therapeutic Modalities module to start or enhance your current educational journey in immuno-safety science. This lecture is one in a series of five providing detailed information on current and/or emerging therapeutics that interact with the immune system. Please review the learning objectives below for more information on what you will learn in this lecture.
If you are new to HESI and would like to learn more about our organization, please take a moment to visit our website at https://hesiglobal.org/.
This course is intended for the science professional or graduate student looking to learn the fundamental science and key consideration that are examined in immune safety assessment. Advanced topics and coursed that take a deeper dive into specific scientific areas will be offered and are recommended for the more experienced scientist who has a firm grasp of the information highlighted in the introduction module.
The learner will:
- Become familiar with the field of gene therapy.
- Gain understanding of the use recombinant AAV vectors in gene therapy.
- Introduction to genome editing and gene regulation technologies.
- Understand the considerations for designing nonclinical programs.
- Nonclinical safety evaluation strategies for gene therapy investigational products.
Lectures in this module
Safety Considerations for Oligonucleotides
CD3-binding (T cell engaging) immune stimulating antibody-based therapies
Nonclinical Development of Biologics
Kathleen Meyer, MPH, PhD, DABT
- 0.50 Participation